Thorgal

Diskussioner om främst de fransk-belgiska albumserierna men även andra serier som härstammar från Europas serie-Mecka.
GuestOnQuest
Fine

Re: Thorgal

Inlägg av GuestOnQuest »

Mefisto76 skrev:Hi Everyone!

I'm from Poland and just checking the THORGAL-topic, which is my favourite comic-book all times.
I had a pleasure to make an exhibition of Grzegorz Rosinski in his hometown - Stalowa Wola, where he returned after almost 60 years... Here are the pictures from that event:
http://www.komiks.gildia.pl/imprezy/nie ... ej-woli,s2
If anyone would like to trade some Thorgal stuff or other, let me know please (Magic76@poczta.fm).
It would be much appreciated with a subtitled version (in english) of the Rosinski-interview.
Jag har skakat hand med Stan Sakai.
Mefisto76
Good

Inlägg av Mefisto76 »

GuestOnQuest skrev:It would be much appreciated with a subtitled version (in english) of the Rosinski-interview.

Yeah, I guess they didn't expect swedish people would like to listen to it :)

Anyway, Grzegorz is talking in the interview more about his childhood and hometown, than about Thorgal. But it's cool anyway.

Actually Rosinski is a every-year-guest on International Festival of Comics and Games in Lodz (october) and every year there's a big line to get his dedication. I'd even say it's getting bigger and bigger every year!

If anyone would like to trade for FANTOMEN-magazine, nr 4–5/2012 - let me know please, what would You like to trade for. Thanx in advance.
Användarvisningsbild
RioGrande

Inlägg av RioGrande »

Fantomen 4-5(2012) is new issues. 5 is not even printed yet! You can write to the publisher and order them, easy as a piece of pie!
http://www.egmontkarnan.se/Kontakt/Kontaktformular/
Well.... Perhaps not so easy to contact that organisation... Perhaps easier to contact a swedish second hand comics dealer -- also cheaper -- ---
www.seriecentrum.com (good, fast and reliable service)
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

If they're not even out yet, maybe someone here could buy and post them? Not sure on how much it'll be, but let's say 3-4 € each with additional shipping costs.
I hate pop. And skiffle. I tell ya, this is going to be the best jazz decade ever.
Användarvisningsbild
RioGrande

Inlägg av RioGrande »

Better to wait six or eight weeks and buy them from http://www.seriecentrum.com for 1/4 of the original price.
(If stupid Egmont refuse to have a proper e-mail address ... it's their own fault!)
Användarvisningsbild
AndreasEriksson
Near Mint
Kontakt:

Inlägg av AndreasEriksson »

"Kriss från Valnor: Jag glömmer ingenting!" avslutas i FA 5/2012 som finns ute nu.

Redan i nästa nummer får vi del 1 av "Ylva: Raisa", men av allt att döma blir det inget komplett gammalt Thorgal-album trots att det är ett dubbelnummer (FA 6-7/2012).
Ger ut DYLAN DOG och SONS OF ANARCHY på svenska! http://www.adesmedia.se + http://www.facebook.com/DylanDogSweden
Användarvisningsbild
RioGrande

Inlägg av RioGrande »

I och för sig var inledningarna till serien om den unga Kriss och serien om Ylva väldigt lika varandra. Men båda serierna är bra. Vi får väl se om de lyckas hålla Thorgalstandard framöver...
Användarvisningsbild
RioGrande

Inlägg av RioGrande »

Måste säga att slutet av Ylva-serien också höll måttet. Fantastiskt att de lyckats hitta två tecknare som ligger så nära Rosinski.
Användarvisningsbild
RioGrande

Inlägg av RioGrande »

& nu nyaste Fatomen, dubbelnr med Ogotais krona. Ibland inbillar jag mig att jag läst alla Thorgaläventyr (köper ofta gamla F-tidningar från 90-talet) --- men det här äventyret kände jag inte igen.
Mycket bra. Klurig historia med olika tidsparadoxer. Jag blir mer och mer övertygad om att Thorgal egentligen är en hyllning till en massa bra serier som serieskaparna diggar.
Jag tror att skaparteamet gillar 1. Peyos serier Johan/Pellevin och Smurferna, 2. Prins Valiant (Foster), 3. Tintin (Hergé), 4. Linda och Valentin (Christin/Mezieres)... säkert en massa annat också... (Är väl ganska liten risk att Rosinski aldrig sneglat på Moebius eller Hermann eller...)

DEN HÄR gången var det framför allt Linda och Valentin som spökade. På sätt och vis jobbar ju L och V som "tidsväktare" i vissa äventyr...
Användarvisningsbild
Peral

Inlägg av Peral »

Tack för tipset, får se att köpa på mig Fantomen på vägen hem!
Mefisto76
Good

Inlägg av Mefisto76 »

3 weeks ago Grzegorz Rosinski was present in Warsaw at the Warsaw-Comics-Festival.
After awaiting about 4 hours You could receive such a nice draw :)

Bild

Bild

It was worth it.

Roman Sur?enko - author of "Raissa" - was present as well, very nice guy.

Bild

Bild

Unfortunately the author of the second spin off - Giulio de Vita - cancelled his arrival just before the festival, pity.
Anyway - great time.
Användarvisningsbild
burnout
Mint

Inlägg av burnout »

WOW, That things I want to. [:)] If I get that I have wait 4-5 hours for it to.
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

I like the contrast between the grim appearance of the wolf hood and the cautious appearance of the girl wearing it.
I hate pop. And skiffle. I tell ya, this is going to be the best jazz decade ever.
GuestOnQuest
Fine

Inlägg av GuestOnQuest »

Very nice drawings, especially the one with the girl and her wolf hood, though I can't avoid thinking the girl may get a new pair of nostrils by those fangs.
Mefisto76
Good

Inlägg av Mefisto76 »

Yeah, Louve with the wolf's hood was the drawing everybody was receiving. But it was very cool :)

At the end of june Grzegorz comes to his hometown - Stalowa Wola - to open there the exhibition of his paintings in the Regional Museum.
http://www.foto.stalowka.net/_page/21267.jpg
His son Piotr is preparing the special album for this occasion. Will inform You when it happens :)
Användarvisningsbild
RioGrande

Inlägg av RioGrande »

GuestOnQuest skrev:Very nice drawings, especially the one with the girl and her wolf hood, though I can't avoid thinking the girl may get a new pair of nostrils by those fangs.

She's a smart girl. She replaced the real fangs with rubber fangs. No Medieval Analphabet moron could tell the difference --- they trembled....
GuestOnQuest
Fine

Inlägg av GuestOnQuest »

RioGrande skrev:She's a smart girl. She replaced the real fangs with rubber fangs. No Medieval Analphabet moron could tell the difference --- they trembled....
Hehe, yeah, I bet they did!

Mefisto, can you tell us a bit more about the festival? For example, did they interview the comic creators in front of a public? If yes, what did they say? When will the next Thorgal-album come - did Rosinski reveal anything about that? How popular is Thorgal in Poland? Tell us more, please!
Mefisto76
Good

Inlägg av Mefisto76 »

GuestOnQuest skrev:
RioGrande skrev:She's a smart girl. She replaced the real fangs with rubber fangs. No Medieval Mefisto, can you tell us a bit more about the festival? For example, did they interview the comic creators in front of a public? If yes, what did they say? When will the next Thorgal-album come - did Rosinski reveal anything about that? How popular is Thorgal in Poland? Tell us more, please!

Well, this Warsaw Festival is a new Comics-Covention - it's just the third edition, but it was the best one - the special guest, beasides Sur?enko and Rosinski, was Brian Bolland - the author of "Batman: Killing Joke" (with Alan Moore). I made 3 interviews - with Rosinski, Surzenko and Bolland. What I found out was:

- new Thorgal will apear in 2 years time. Grzegorz is happy Thorgal is back as the main character of the series and Jolan is the supporter.
- regarding the spin offs : Surzenko is finishing the album from the series called: "The Youth of Thorgal" - it will be named "Three sisters Minkleson" and works also on the second "Louve"-album ("Raissa" was the first one).
- Brian Bolland was happy the new edition of "The Killing Joke" (just released in Poland by EGMONT: http://www.sklep.gildia.pl/komiksy/1756 ... ojczy-zart) has got the new colours (drawn by him), 'cause it was a great opportunity to finally do that in his own way.
- I asked Grzegorz also about the rumours he was taking part in 1970 in the challenge for the "Kapten Kloss"-drawyer. He said he never heard it was any contest for it. I wrote the whole article about "Kapten Kloss" (foreign editions, differences, mistakes, etc.) - it's in polish, but You can check it out anyway here: http://www.stawkologia.pl/maciej-szatko ... ,d155.html

"Warsaw-Comics"-Festival, as I said, it's a new convention - the oldest and most famous polish Comics-Festival is the International-one, which is located in Lodz and is organised since 22 years. I'm joining it since 2007 and I met few great comics creators over there, like (except polish, like Boguslaw Polch from the polish series known in Sweden as "UNIVERSUMS GUDAR"): Milo Manara, Moebius, Simon Bisley, Eduardo Risso and Brian Azzarello and many, many more. It lasts 3 days and it's always a great time over there. Rosinski's coming there every year, too. It's the biggest convention in the southern Europe, check out their website: http://komiksfestiwal.com/en/
Senast redigerad av 1 Mefisto76, redigerad totalt 0 gånger.
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

Mefisto76 skrev:"Warsaw-Comics"-Festival, as I said, it's a new convention - the oldest and most famous polish Comics-Festival is the International-one, which is located in Lodz and is organised since 22 years. I'm joining it since 2007 and I met few great comics creators over there, like (except polish, like Boguslaw Polch from the polish series known in Sweden as "UNIVERSUMS GUDAR"): Milo Manara, Moebius, Simon Bisley, Eduardo Risso and Brian Azzarello and many, many more. It lasts 3 days and it's always a great time over there. Rosinski's coming there every year, too. It's the biggest convenstion in the southern Europe, check out their website: http://komiksfestiwal.com/en/

I guess you mean eastern Europe?

I've never heard of "Universums gudar". Where was it published?
Mefisto76
Good

Inlägg av Mefisto76 »

Wakuran skrev:I guess you mean eastern Europe?

Of course, sorry.
Wakuran skrev:I've never heard of "Universums gudar". Where was it published?

It's a pretty popular series called "Gods from the Universe" based on Erich von Daniken stories.
In Sweden there were published just 2 albums:

Bild

In Poland there were 8 albums and the special edition in 2 HC-ones:

Bild
Bild

Boguslaw Polch - the drawyer - is an often guest in Lodz. He was sitting in the same bench with Rosinski, in the high school.

Bild
Skriv svar