Lucky Luke

Diskussioner om främst de fransk-belgiska albumserierna men även andra serier som härstammar från Europas serie-Mecka.
Användarvisningsbild
RioGrande

Re: Lucky Luke

Inlägg av RioGrande »

Har läst ett Kid Lucky. Det var rätt festligt. Ett helt långt äventyr. Märkligt nog var det aningen hårdare än ett vanligt VUXEN-Lucky Luke-album!
Användarvisningsbild
BoJustBo

Inlägg av BoJustBo »

Jasså, color me surprised!
Mina serier
Mer skimrande än guld viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10853
De skrev fred med vårt blod viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10624
In I Dimman viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10725
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

De senaste Kid Lucky-albumen ska just vara ensidesgags...
I hate pop. And skiffle. I tell ya, this is going to be the best jazz decade ever.
Användarvisningsbild
Jerry Tumbler
Fine
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Jerry Tumbler »

I am not familiar with the today Lucky Luke and Kid Lucky albums (prefer the first 31 uncensored albums issued by editor Dupuis-Brussels).
The 3rth kid Lucky album is a 1 adventure story as far as I know.
Brief scenario: The rebellious Kid Lucky brings order in a Nothing Gulch school, and he runs faster than his shadow to escape the chores. Armed with a lasso and a slingshot, no apprentice gangster nor any bull resist it. However, Martha, Joanie Hurricane Lisette and Molson have a knack for overcoming patience.
(my source.)

Kid Lucky promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21AgqRX4L60

PS
Next year anniversary of 60 years of Lucky Lucke with a special, uncensored edition of the album Pfil Defer drawn by Morris:

Bild
Glöm BUCK DANNY, vi har henne nu: ANGEL WINGS. [8D]
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

What's the censorship about? It's explicitly mentioned Defer is killed and not only getting hurt in the arm?

At least he met a more honorable fate than Bob Dalton...
I hate pop. And skiffle. I tell ya, this is going to be the best jazz decade ever.
Användarvisningsbild
BoJustBo

Inlägg av BoJustBo »

Maybe getting shot in the heart is more acceptable than say... smoking a cigarette? =P
Mina serier
Användarvisningsbild
Jerry Tumbler
Fine
Kontakt:

In the original story and drawings Lucky Luke kills the hired gun Phil Defer; and of course he is smoking. The latter (unfortunately) censored in some counties.
Lucky Luke vs Phil Defer in the uncensored version from 1956:

Bild

And the kids in those days were satisfied with this scene:

Bild

Presumably the special edition (hardcover) will have album sizes of 32 x 24 cm. (the new trend with special editions) and with additional info.

PS
The original/intended uncensored Lucky Luke:

Bild

Cover-art Dutch/Belgian comic catalogue from 2015: http://i60.tinypic.com/jsdiqc.jpg

Also censored from album Billy the Kid (1962):

Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

But wasn't the shot included in the original album, just that the comment about the arm was added to tone it down? I know I have the original French album somewhere, but my order is a bit messy... [B)]
Användarvisningsbild
BoJustBo

Inlägg av BoJustBo »

Wakuran skrev:But wasn't the shot included in the original album, just that the comment about the arm was added to tone it down? I know I have the original French album somewhere, but my order is a bit messy... [B)]

The smoking is what was censored.
Jerry Tumbler skrev:Lucky Luke kills the hired gun Phil Defer; and of course he is smoking. The latter (unfortunately) censored in some counties.
Senast redigerad av 1 BoJustBo, redigerad totalt 0 gånger.
Mina serier
Användarvisningsbild
BoJustBo

Inlägg av BoJustBo »

dubbel post blä
Mina serier
Användarvisningsbild
Jerry Tumbler
Fine
Kontakt:

Wakuran skrev:But wasn't the shot included in the original album, just that the comment about the arm was added to tone it down? I know I have the original French album somewhere, but my order is a bit messy... [B)]
I am not sure. I'ts more than 50 years ago when I saw this album. There were (and are) many re-prints since. Because of political-correctness some scenes, like smoking, may have been censored, especially in this century.
Presumably I'll buy the special edition from 2016.

The showdown, source of many alternatives, example (Spirou with a censor on the scene):
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Furienna
Fine

Inlägg av Furienna »

Så det är alltså så att Phil Defner verkligen dog i originalversionen? Ja, jag kan ju förstå att somliga ville förmildra det senare.
Linus van Pelt
Fine

Inlägg av Linus van Pelt »

Furienna skrev:Så det är alltså så att Phil Defner verkligen dog i originalversionen? Ja, jag kan ju förstå att somliga ville förmildra det senare.

Det verkar vara omstritt - om den här bilden härrör från originalet tycks Defer ha överlevt redan där, eftersom hans ansikte inte är övertäckt och läkaren får förklara för den ängslige begravningsentreprenören att det bara rör sig om en axelskada. Det är svårt att se vilken roll dessa figurer skulle ha spelat i bilden om den ursprungligen visat en död Defer och att bara texten senare ändrats.

Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Jerry Tumbler
Fine
Kontakt:

Och förmodligen känd:

- "Phil Defer" är "phil de fer" = barbed wire = taggtråd. (But he is called in the USA: Phil Steel, and in the UK: Phil Wire.)

- Phil Defer <=> aktör Jack Palance:
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
BoJustBo

Inlägg av BoJustBo »

And in sweden his name isnt translated at all if I remember correctly. Which is just as well, works well as a pun-less name.
Mina serier
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

Now I found my edition of Phil Defer from the early 70's, which presumably wasn't censored since the original publishing, and it features both the shooting by LL, and the disclaimer later that Defer will survive, but his damaged shoulder will prevent him from any more shooting...
Användarvisningsbild
Jerry Tumbler
Fine
Kontakt:

That's already a censored volume. In the first edition from 1956 bounty hunter Phil Defer was killed by LL. Today the catalogue price of the first edition in mint condition is about 300 €/ 2.832 SEK).

I like the lay-out from the first LL editions: the cover-art isn't spoiled by a broad yellow bar with the album title by-the-way.
Left: 2nd re-print from the 50s (softcover), still no yellow bar; right: a recent re-print, hardcover, but with yellow bar and white bars also:

Bild

With the anniversary of 60 years LL, publisher Dupuis - Brussels will start a new series of so called "Lucky Luke Intégrales". These bundles will presumably have size 32 x 24 cm., will have excellent print- and paperquality, and will have a lot of additional info and... are uncensored. Hardcovers of course.
In the past LL had already sober Integrales/bundles with 4 stories, example:

Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

Linus van Pelt skrev:
Furienna skrev:Så det är alltså så att Phil Defner verkligen dog i originalversionen? Ja, jag kan ju förstå att somliga ville förmildra det senare.

Det verkar vara omstritt - om den här bilden härrör från originalet tycks Defer ha överlevt redan där, eftersom hans ansikte inte är övertäckt och läkaren får förklara för den ängslige begravningsentreprenören att det bara rör sig om en axelskada. Det är svårt att se vilken roll dessa figurer skulle ha spelat i bilden om den ursprungligen visat en död Defer och att bara texten senare ändrats.

Bild

Jerry Tumbler skrev:That's already a censored volume. In the first edition from 1956 bounty hunter Phil Defer was killed by LL. Today the catalogue price of the first edition in mint condition is about 300 €/ 2.832 SEK).

So, what does the panel linked above look like in the original edition? My edition includes the shooting, and the four-strip layout doesn't give the appearance that something has been removed...

On the other hand, the album's side-story "Lucky Luke et 'Pilule'" includes six apparent lethal shootings in nine pages, which I believe must be some kind of LL record... But maybe Dupuis let it pass since it's told in the context of a campfire yarn...

Edit: Although this source claims that the story originally was prepublished in the Moustique magazine, so the first publishing might have looked different.

However, it also claims that the scene with the concerned undertaker was present already in the first album edition...

http://www.transformationsjournal.org/j ... 4/05.shtml
Användarvisningsbild
Jerry Tumbler
Fine
Kontakt:

LL killed before: Joe Dalton in del 6: on the left from first edition, on the right the re-print version:

Bild

Guest appearance: (a smoking) Lucky Luke in DURANGO del 9, page 15:

Bild

Drawn under pressure:

Bild
Användarvisningsbild
lennon
Very Fine
Kontakt:

Inlägg av lennon »

Nästa år är det som sagt Lucky Luke-jubileum - räkna med minst ett par LL-album från Albumförlaget. Varav en är en något udda LL-utgåva.
www.albumforlaget.se
Skriv svar